Whats new in 3.3?
What's new in 3.3?
Posted: 2 Aug 2017
Hey Scout-users! It's time for a new update and with quite a few features this time 😃
The flagship feature addition is the new ACMG classification interface. You can get to it from any variant. It will take you first to a page where you fill in evidence which Scout uses to calculate a classification - you can, however, override this later! We store a history of all classifications for a variant if it's updated later.
Please try it out and get back to us with your feedback!
New users view
We've added a new views for displaying all users of Scout. You can see name, email, and which institutes they belong to if you need to contact someone. We also introduced a "rank" based on how much you interact with Scout! Check out how you are doing here: Scout Users.
More new features:
- Cases are now listed by status in separate groups - only the latest 100 cases are listed!
- Upload of gene panel export
- Dynamic gene panel is back! You can now upload a list of HGNC symbols to do a temporary search
- Scout will now display exon as well as intron number in the Sanger email
- You can now filter variants on local observations in the SNV view and they will show up in the popup
- Scout will now display if a variant is in the PAR region or not
- You can now update the default gene panels directly in Scout - no need to rerun!
- We've added labels to the variant tags according to proposed example from CMMS
- If variant is in an autozygocity block it will now be displayed
- A warning is now displayed is you search for a gene symbol that doesn't exist in Scout
- When filtering on frequencies, Scout now handles input as "0,04" and "0.04"
- We will now use coordinates instead of gene identifier when looking for overlapping SV/SNV variants
- Scout now correctly displays a notice if a variant has been commented on
- CLINSIG annotations are now properly displayed!
- We've fixed display of expected inheritance model on variant page
We have prepared additional features which will not immediately show up in Scout but might require e.g. an update to MIP.
- New cancer view: we've added rudimentary support for display cancer variants in Scout as a separate view much like the SV view.
- We've added support for displaying information from Peddy such as confirmed parenthood, sex, and predicted ancestry
Hope you've had a great summer!